Child Protection Statement
T1 Muay Thai acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice requirements. The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children:
• Have a positive and enjoyable experience of sport at T1 Muay Thai in a safe and child centred environment
• Are protected from all forms of abuse whilst participating in Muay Thai/Kick boxing or outside of the activity
T1 Muay Thai acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
• To promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people
• To ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
• To ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
• To ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
• To prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
• To ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.